- A quick, but interesting, history of the Day of the Dead.
- A brief overview of the materials used in face painting Day of the Dead designs including: paints, powders, split cakes, brushes and bling.
- Tips to turn a living face into a skull, then turn a skull face into a sugar skull.
- Suggestions and illustrations on how much of the face to cover and where to stop the design.
- Illustrations, descriptions and examples of Sugar Skull: eyes, ears, noses, teeth and cheeks, simple folk art style, to the more elaborate.
- Suggestions and examples of decorating, shading, and coloring techniques.
- Tips on how flowers are used, and a step by step on how-to create a very simple rose.
- Step by step on creating webs.
- A few techniques about line work.
- Tips on using eyelashes, adhesives, jewels, trims, glitter, glitter gels and stencils
- 11 Step by Step Designs
- Examples of the amazing art of 12 artists from around the world: Mark Reid, Nick Wolfe, Annie Reynolds, and more!